Company History

The following is a timeline of key events in the history of the DIGA group.

1928: AutoTherm Pty Ltd commenced business under the name of Adelaide Electrical Co. Ltd
1930: Production started on the Koster Electric Jug (Jug pins, screws and heating elements. During this time the company was also involved in the design and manufacture of such things as domestic instantaneous water heaters, Lab hot plates, industrial ovens, micro switches and temperature control gear for poultry incubators.
1945: Business arm of Adelaide Electrical Co. Ltd started to trade as Adelaide Electrical Manufacturers. During this period the company produced Penicillin Tips (for hypodermic syringes) for Fauldings. 2 Swiss Type lathes were purchased for this type of work
1950: Texas Instruments Aust. Ltd approached the company to manufacture motor protectors and temperature control probes for electric frying pans
1962: The company had moved into a new building in Torrensville, with the principal activity being the supply of small turned components to other manufacturers for incorporation into their devices. In 1965 the production of Taper Pins also commenced
1969: AutoTherm Pty Ltd was incorporated as a proprietary company
1993: AutoTherm Pty Ltd gained ISO 9001:2000 quality Accreditation
1995: Commenced producing components for the SA Water water meter refurbishment program contracted to the Phoenix Society. The "Brass Line" was bought from the Ottoway workshop of the Engineering and Water Supply Department
1997: The first CNC DECO 10mm machine in Australia was operating in the workshop. A 20mm version was purchased the following year
1998: The electroplating plant of TRW Carr Pty Ltd at Hendon was purchased to carry out the plating of motor shafts for Seeley International and was renamed Premier Electroplating Services Pty Ltd
1999: AutoTherm moved into the building with Premier at the Hendon site and both companies purchased by Diverse Industry Group of Australia Pty Ltd
2001: Talks commenced with SA Centre For Manufacturing and the Victa Lawncare Company. The proposal was for DIGA to machine the engine blocks, cylinder heads, starter housings, flywheels and other sundry items. This required the purchase of a Mazak Horizontal Machine Centre "Cell" completed with a FANUC Robot
2002: A BECO 13 machine was added to the manufacturing range.
2003: Diverse Industry Group of Australia Pty Ltd - AutoTherm Pty Ltd and its manufacturing capacity commences its move into new premises at 11 Manton Street, Hindmarsh
2004: Premier Electroplating Services Pty Ltd was sold to Diversified Metal Fasteners Pty Ltd.
2006: Company Chairman, Mr Rodney Smith, passed away after a long fight with cancer.
2012: Diverse Industry Group of Australia Pty Ltd - Autotherm Pty Ltd moves into purpose-built premises at 8-10 Orion Road, Direk SA 5110.